Open Door

Open Door
Indianapolis, Indiana

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Irvington Post Office Fundraiser





If you haven't already heard, the building that originally housed the post office in Historic Irvington is in sad repair. Unlike the Horner House, the walls are sound, but the roof has a big hole in it! The Irvington Development Organization and the Irvington Historical Society are trying to save this bit of history.

The event on Saturday is a fundraiser for this wonderful project. One of the local businesses has even offered a matching challenge. They will match all funds donated on Saturday up to $4,000.00. This looks to be a fun evening and we are recommending it to everyone. I was really hoping to go, but the doctor has told me to avoid large gatherings of people right now. One of the medications I am on puts me at higher risk for getting an infection. I hope that they can get me healthy soon!

We wish good luck for the fundraiser and hope many of you will turn out for it.

-Amanda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment