Open Door

Open Door
Indianapolis, Indiana

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Testing Natural Weed Killers - Salt Recipe - Try 2

Test 2 was completed Saturday, August 2, 2014 midday.

I used the same recipe as last time:

4 Gallons Vinegar
4 Cups Rock Salt
1 Cup Blue Original Dawn Liquid

It was a hot day this time and before I was even finished the wilting had begun. I did not get one of the two containers as well mixed as I would have liked (one of the challenges of this recipe) and I did find the next time I went to use the sprayers that one had salt left in the bottom. I think it was the second of the two, which I used mainly on the West Wing ivy and the ivy on the bricks.

Catalpa tree and weeds outside dining room.
Ivy outside dining room.
Ivy on West Wing.
Ivy on brick pile.
Ivy on ground. First picture is rotated so that ivy is along right upper triangle of the picture.

Poison ivy outside of dining room. It may actually be dead. It began pulling away from the wall. Since this picture it has gone totally brown, but it will get sprayed again to make sure it is completely dead.


We plan on spraying this area again this week, as long as the weather holds, and my cough dies down enough that I can get out to do it. But as you can see, the salt recipe is working well, so if it waits a few extra day, I'm not too worried about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment