Open Door

Open Door
Indianapolis, Indiana

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rain Drops on Roses…

It has been just a little over a year since we first found out that the boarded up Addams Family-looking house on Emerson really was for sale. In the ensuing months our lives have been turned upside down, sideways, and back upright more times than I can count. It’s been quite a trip. One I wouldn’t exchange for anything.

Because of everything that has happened, especially this latest break in, I’ve spent a bit of time just sitting back and taking stock. And it’s funny, but the thing that stands out the most to me is just how grateful I should be. In the last year we have met so many wonderful people I can’t name them all. People that we will be working with like Chad Lethig at Indiana Landmarks, Bill Zeller of Zeller Construction, and Bob Ladisich of IC Design Services, LLC. (Of course we already knew Bob, but not in the role of “our structural engineer”.) There are so many other people, in the neighborhood, in the preservation community, in the historical community, owners of other historic properties… The list goes on and on. So many people, so many of you, who have been talking and working with us, given us advice, support, and encouragement.

We all far outweigh those who chose to create fear and havoc, who chose to take and destroy what others build. We are the ones who build, we create, and we love. That’s what’s important.

So tonight, I want to say Thank You. To everyone who has been a part of our project. This is our Dream. And I am grateful that so many new people have come into my life. I am grateful for the support that we have received from so many. I am grateful for my amazingly crazy husband and parents who not only run a business with me, but have taken on this project too. I am grateful for the rest of my family and friends that have offered help, encouragement, and excitement.

Tonight, I am grateful. I am Blessed to have so many opportunities before me. Thank you for joining us on this journey. May your lives be as Blessed as mine is.

-Amanda


1 comment: